# GETTING STARTED WITH MV DASHBOARD
Created At: 9/25/2017 9:39:18 PM
Updated At: 11/21/2017 2:25:54 AM
Original Doc: getting-started-with-mv-dashoard
Original ID: 278483
MultiValue Dashboard is a simple, Pick-based web server that any developer can setup in minutes. Because it’s based on the Pick/BASIC programming language, you can utilize your existing knowledge and expertise without worrying about a steep learning curve.
A MultiValue software developer can use MV Dashboard to produce graphical representations of data in the MultiValue system while leveraging his or her strengths as a BASIC programmer.
USING MULTIVALUE DASHBOARD, YOU CAN:
- Rapidly build web-based graphical interfaces and produce interactive reports
- Create information alerts that can be delivered by any local RSS
- Generate widgets using real-time Pick/BASIC code and MultiValue data
- Easily drag and drop widgets onto a dashboard layout
# WHAT'S NEW IN MV DASHBOARD 1.5.4?
- WebService support allowing external applications or websites to invoke an MV Dashboard display.
- Added “date picker” input type for widget input.
- Export to Excel button
- Print to PDF button
- Increased main dashboard window size to accommodate larger monitors.
- Improved handling of browser “back” button.
- Added support to assign an alternative logo for each user.
- Increased maximum URL size from 1024 to 2048 characters.
- View previously generated html report by clicking on a link embedded in an email.
- Renamed some demo widget subroutines to include “DEMO” in the name to avoid collision with production routines.
- Updated FusionCharts library to latest version.
# GETTING TO KNOW MV DASHBOARD
MV Dashboard provides the following documentation to help developers and administrators new to MV Dashboard.
# GETTING HELP WITH MV DASHBOARD
If you're looking for help, you can reach out the following ways:
- MV Dashboard Support:
# MV DASHBOARD LICENSING
To obtain a developers version of MV Dashboard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.